Chasewater Railway is a charitable trust, No 518516 and the whole of the railway is operated by volunteers; any profit made is entirely devoted to the maintenance of the locomotives, carriages and track. New volunteers are always welcome, simply introduce yourself any Sunday to members working on the railway and they will be able to answer your questions about opportunities to help.
Membership is available at Brownhills West Station and membership application forms are available at both our stations. Simply speak to the booking office staff for more details.
Membership forms can be obtained from:
2018 membership prices and form by clicking this link membership application form 2018
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
or in writing by sending a Stamped addressed envelope with your request to:-
Chasewater Country Park
Brownhills West Station
Pool Lane (Off the A5)
Membership renewals information will be sent to you automatically 12 months from the start of your membership.
Benefits of Membership
- Members are entitled, on production of a valid membership card, to free travel on all normal service trains.
- All members receive a free copy of “Chasewater Railway News”, and working members get a discount in the Brownhills West Station buffet.
- Members receive the annual report and accounts, can attend the annual general meeting, and (provided they are over 16 years of age) vote on resolutions and the election of directors who run the Railway.
- All members are welcome to participate in the many aspects of running the Railway, including the museum, for which full training will be given.
Chasewater Railway – Membership Rules
- Membership is open to anyone who supports the Chasewater Railway’s aims and objectives.
- Persons may apply for any of the categories of membership as approved by the Railway subject to payment of the appropriate fee and completion of the prescribed Membership Application Form.
- Full Membership is available to persons aged 16 years or older. Persons under 16 years of age can join as Junior Members, but they may not vote at meetings. Junior Members automatically transfer to Full Membership upon reaching their 16th birthday.
- Memberships are renewable annually; fees are due on 28th February. A member who has not renewed by 30th April shall cease to be a member and shall have to make a new membership application. New members who join on or after 1st October do not have to renew until the following membership year.
- The Railway may refuse an application for or renewal of membership without any reason being given.
- The Railway may expel any member whom they believe to be acting against the Railway’s interests. The member shall be
informed in advance and have a right to speak at the meeting where the expulsion is to be considered.
- Fees paid shall not be returned except when an application is not accepted or a member is expelled. If a life member is expelled the fee returned is the initial fee reduced by one tenth for each full year of membership.
- Membership cards, which remain the property of the Railway, are issued annually.
- Membership details are held on a computer database unless a member objects by written notification to the Membership Secretary.
- Members may resign their membership at any time by giving notice in writing to the Railway at the Company’s registered office address.
- The Railway is required to comply with its Memorandum and Articles of Association, company law and charity law. These membership rules provide a brief guide only as to membership matters; further information may be obtained from the Membership Secretary.
- Working members are required to comply with the Railway’s Equal Opportunities, Child Protection, and Health & Safety Policies.
- The Railway is operated entirely by volunteers. Voluntary work undertaken by members shall not imply any formal employment relationship with the Railway.
- These revised Membership Rules apply to new members, to 2006/07 (and later) membership renewals, and to all Life Members.
- All members should read the companies social media policy and follow its recommendations. Please click here Social Medial Policy Version 1