Follow Chasewater Railway on Google+ Follow Chasewater Railway on Facebook
The Official Website of "The Colliery Line" - Est. 1959
Chasewater Country Park, Brownhills West Station, Pool Lane (Off the A5), Burntwood, Staffs, WS8 7NL
Telephone 01543 452 623 :: Email
Brownhills West Railway Shop


We have finished the 2018 regular timetabled trains for this year. Next non book [..]

Service update 9/10/18 Please note we are now operating to our winter service timetable [..]


Our next event is the late summer gala. Families and enthusiasts alike will enjoy [..]

Make A Donation

We are a charity that is run entirely by volunteers and rely solely on donations to keep our heritage alive. If you would like to make a donation please click on this button below. Thank you:

Running Dates

Timetable Key

News : Latest arrivals at Chasewater Railway

IMG_20170201_125514498_HDR (2)

Chasewater Railway are pleased to announce the arrival of two long term residents courtesy of William Owen. The two Simplex rail motors will soon be able to be viewed on demonstration work here including possibly during the upcoming gala on March 18/19th. (photo Bryan Marks)
No. 15097 Simplex
0-4-0PM 15097 (works number 1930) was built by Motor Rail Ltd and was ultimately preserved after a long career at various English foundries. In preservation was first based at the Midland Railway – Butterley, but years of disuse caused the sale to Derby Industrial Museum for static display. Next it was moved to Ruddington where full restoration and repaint was undertaken. Painted (alongside Morris) into an anachronistic BR livery to resemble LNER Class Y11 shunters, but unlike Morris she still retains a petrol-burning engine. The loco is currently in BR Black with the Early Crest and named Ubique (everywhere in Latin) This is the motto of the Royal Artillery and the Royal Engineers, also fits well due to the popularity nationwide of these vehicles. Moved to Chasewater Railway 1-02-17
No. 15099 Simplex
0-4-0DM Morris (works number 2028) was built at Motor Rail (Simplex) Works in Bedford and started out at Exeley & Sons Ltd in Shropshire from new. In 1935 the original petrol engine was replaced by a modern diesel design then was sold that year to Davy Morris Works in Loughborough (hence the name), working there until withdrawal in the late 1980s. Formerly based at the GCR in ruddington and has also visited other heritage railways. Moved to Chasewater Railway 1-02-17
The popular Simplex design proved extremely useful countrywide in both industrial and military applications and can pull more than their size would suggest. They join several similar vehicles that can be found here in our collection. (Some information used here is sourced from wikipedia)

Museums, Libraries and Archives Council Dementia Action Alliance